Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Is this thing anONymous?

Q. Is your question box anonymous?

A. Dear Question Asker,
The box that records your questions, delivers them to me in a most anonymous way. Even now as you are asking, I have no idea who you are. And there in lies the beauty of life and all it's wonderful mysteries. And by that I mean, do we ever really know who anyone is? I mean, to be honest, do we even know who we are? I doubt it. I've asked around and mostly people don't know a thing about themselves, except stuff like, what they like and don't like and what they spend their time doing all day. I could say as much about a turtle but that doesn't mean I know that turtle. I can safely say, there isn't one turtle I know. Like really know. Like deep down. I've never know what a turtle really thinks of me, or its self or lettuce... I guess it's because I've never spent more than a few minutes trying to get to know a turtle. I don't know why they never really leave the house, or why the move so slow. I'm sure science doesn't even know turtles. Does science ask how turtle is doing? I've never heard it do so. Science, always watching. But never asking if it's okay to do so. Get some manners science and stop spying on turtles and atoms. Why not just come out and ask? I'm sure in its own way, turtle will respond. It may just be slower than you'd like. But that's what you have to deal with when you let go of what you think is convention and step out of the shadows. Please science, step up and declare, I am science and I am interested in a relationship with you turtle. I want to earn your secrets. You may just surprise yourself. And the turtle. 
But this is all anonymous. Feel free to stay in the shadows. 
Hope that helps and hope to hear from you soon,
Mark

P.S. Is that you science?

No comments:

Post a Comment